Sunday, January 13, 2008

sunday sadness

The colts and the cowboys lost today. I didn't watch a lot of football because I figured that the 'boys would be playing next week. Oh well.
I did get a run in this afternoon. I kinda like to run when it's a little chilly. I ran to Kid Rock's "Cowboy." It's better than some of my stuff on my mp3 player. I really need to download some better tunes.
We went out to eat last night with Linda, Andrew and Grandma who was amazed how big her chicken finger basket was. Later they came over to see the finished basement. Grandma's 93 but she did make it down and back up the stairs. Linda got in a workout on the bike (thanks to Rhonda).
Looks like the weekend is winding down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I had quiet the Sunday. Dad did not go to church and when we came home he had all the windows and doors open. He came out of the shower to find the big pillow leaning against the brick chimney smoldering. He threw it outside and had to clear the house. The fire dept. came and put water down the chimney. The bricks were still putting off heat. I went on the roof and dumped more water down. We finally called them back, took down the stove pipe and the put in more foam and water that then leaked into the basement. Hopefully it all is burned out and they are safe.We checked the smoke detectors too! Fun and excitement in Ellswoth. Good thing he stayed home!

I too like running in the cool..keeps me moving.

ksukim said...

Holy smoke, literally. Sounds like you all were lucky! I want to know how many fire fighters and truck they brought!

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean apparatuses?

teacherboy said...

I think we counted 7 inside and 2-4 outside personnel wise and 2 trucks plus two suburbans.You ought to call and tell my dad you heard he will be front page news!