Sunday, January 27, 2008

end of the weekend

I think I'm finally on the upward swing of the awful cold. Brakes have been put on my exercise so I hope the new week brings renewed energy.
The basement is finished!! That's exciting. Hopefully I can post pics later this week.
The kids and Dee had cars in the pinewood derby yesterday. JD placed second in his den, Dee's won best of show in the open class and Kaylee tied for fourth and beat her dad. They had a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, especially Kaylee beating her dad's car!

Get your outdoor in today...looks like winter returns shortly. We spent quite a bit of time outside this weekend, or at least yesterday anyway. Still picking up sticks and branches, as I know most of us are. Kids dug for frozen dinosaur bones or something in the backyard. Dylan found a walnut he is pretty sure is from the age of dinosaurs and planted it. I discovered more things I am going to have to fix at some point. Yeah. Emily and I did get in a bike ride yesterday as well, which was fun. Of course, Emily is going to need a different bike if she want to ride very much this year. She keeps getting taller.

Enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

Kim, just wanted to let you know that cooking and cleaning house are in the exercise category too! Don't let Dee have all the fun. Just Kidding!!!! Seriously, hope you're feeling better today and this week. P.S. I walked 5 miles to work today in 10 below weather.

ksukim said...

Dee's so overworked.... Maybe you should move closer to work. By the way, I'm pretty sure it was 42 degrees this a.m. Tomorrow may be a different story.