Today's my niece's bday so happy birthday to her. I know she won't get her card in the mail until tuesday because of the holiday.
We had an interesting speaker today to school. He's a educational guy at at&t in Texas. He was talking about using technology in the classroom. Imagine using (gasp) cellphones in the classroom. That's what I've said along... the students embrace it so we ban it.. it makes no sense. Funny because he also talked about skype and youtube and both are blocked in USD 305. Amazing. I'm curious if any other educators look at this like I do or if I'm alone on my own little quest here.
Tomorrow I'll post some links to some of the things he talked about.
After I picked up my kiddos from Ellsworth (thanks Linda) and ate I spent 30 minutes on the bike. My aunt watched the kids last night so Dee and I went to a movie which we rarely do. Across the Universe was pretty darn good and a must for Beatles' fans.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just got back from running 3.2 miles in 38 minutes, 30 seconds. My legs are hurting perty dern bad. Thought I'd trade off running one day, eliptical the next. 4 days a week is usually all I go to the wellness center. Had fun with the sleepover. I'm tired though. They kept me hopping.
Emily loved the card and bookmarks, and she loved the card from Taylor and Linda. Mom and Dad came down Saturday. It was great. They took Emshopping for a video game, but ended up getting it from the internet. We went out and ate too. Overall, a pretty darn good Saturday.
We had a guy in at the beginning of the year who talked a lot about technology and the "new world" kids supposedly live in. I agree with quite a bit of what he said, but not all. We have a pretty flexible policy regarding technology at BHS and the administration is very supportive of positie use of technology. It's like everything else: it can be really good and help the kids learn or engage them, but sometimes we let the bells and whistles take far too much significance. One the other hand, I see a lot of creativity from some kids when you let them use the tools they enjoy using.
I reffed tonight. Games were not very close, but I got some up and down the court in. No one yelled at me. Then we spent about 30 minutes looking for Dylan's glasses. For some reason he took them off in my truck, which he never does. Oh well, we found them.
Post a Comment