Kaylee had a wonderful birthday party in Ellsworth today. She bounced around with her cousins in the bounce house and got a bunch of great presents. She wanted to paint her nails with the "real" nail polish and really wanted to make a bracelet. I told her that we would tomorrow.
While in Ellsworth, Dee and I walked up to the cemetery and golf course to see Ralph's stone and the new tree and monument. They are both are great tributes to a great man. I had to stop and pick some lilacs from behind the Abundance Church which used to be the medical clinic (that's a little weird). I'm sure that God would want me to have them. Anyways they smell amazing!! While I enjoy living in Salina, I also enjoy Ellsworth. I love being able to walk in the street and not worry about getting hit; I also love that everyone waves even if they don't know you. People here are just in a hurry and never take the time to wave because that's what you do.
Oh yeah. I'm 39; almost 40. In the ville, I went to a friend's 40th b-day party and thought that 40 was so middle-age. Ummm, now I'm almost there....
Cousin Mark ran his first (& last) marathon today in less than 4 hours. I'm in awe. Before his 10th class reunion he's graduated with his bachelors & masters, ran a marathon and got a "real" job. Love ya, man!!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Kimmy, we are not getting old: we are just becoming gristled veterans!
No matter what you will always be younger than me!
And think how fun it will be to be 40 and on a cruise in a little over a year!
...always younger and on a cruise....sounds GREAT!!
Kaylee loved the cards!
Post a Comment