Tuesday, May 27, 2008

no paper

We have found out how long the Salina Journal will deliver your newspaper after your subscription expires. It's around 20 days. For the last three days, no paper has hit our door at 3:30 a.m. It's a little sad. For as long as I remember I've read the newspaper. I even remember the Journal when it was an afternoon paper. Dee went to pay the subscription today so hopefully it comes tomorrow. Reading the paper online is just not the same for me.

We just got home from the kids' practices. JD has a game tomorrow night at 6 p.m. Dee and I play at 8:30.

If you want to see the summary of my Memorial Day weekend. Check out AK's blog. I was glad I went home and spent some time with family. I'm blessed to have such a close family. I think we are more than just family but also great friends which I cherish.

3 comments:

Dee said...

It's really only one day without the paper, bacause you read Delmar's Sunday and Monday. Maybe we could save the price of a subscription just by having them mail the paper to us after they have read it...

D

cousin_ak said...

You're definitely right! Our family DOES rock!! P.S. I might stop by your place on Friday and make some baked goods. The admissions people are having a bake sale on Sat., but that's when i move in to Barton, so i thought about just making the stuff at your place on Friday so i don't have to transport it. I'll call ya tomorrow or something! Hope Dee's leg is better! :D

Anonymous said...

Hope Dee's injury didn't put a damper on his open house last night. Hope you all had fun there. I've tried twice to put a comment on his blog but it ain't workin. linda