Sunday, March 9, 2008

shuffling

What a fun weekend. Friday Linda and I drove to Lawrence. Saturday we got up and ran the Shamrock Shuffle when it was 10 degrees. Mark finished 23rd overall, Linda and Kevin finished great and I started to get too hot and had to slow down and take off my fleece jacket. I finished in 35:58. Here's a pic before we started. Notice the snow on the ground.
After we enjoyed Johnny's and a traditional Irish breakfast we cleaned up and went to Mass street to shop and eat lunch. Andrew joined us. After watching the first half of the KSU game, I headed to Manhattan where Dee was helping Matthedw with his bathroom. Matthew and Steffani joined us, Mike, Sonya, James and Cheryl at the Grill. About midnight Dee and I headed home.

Today we went to Grandma's where we cleaned up branches that fell because of the ice storm. We got a lot cleaned up. When we got back home, Dee, Kaylee an1d I took a quick trip around the neighborhood on the bikes (Harley's). We are pretty beat now!

Thanks to everyone for the great weekend. It's great to have wonderful friends and family!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I like this picture a little more than the one Andrew posted. Don't take offense Kim, but looking at the finish line photos, I think Mark and Kevin have a little less body fat than we do. They're sprinting to the line and looking good. We're struggling just to make it over the line and look like we're going to lay down and die. Talk about cramming a lot into a couple days!! But it was a great one. lmk

Anonymous said...

yeah, I am skin and bones :} Remember this was your first one and you finished in just over 30 minutes...cmon that is great. Just keep finding some to do and working at it.

State tests day 2 done. One more and then one more day and then break. YAY! Got my supplemental grade cards done already so will have time to organize and clean on Friday.