I thought that since my younger cousins and even my mom have sold their souls to myspace and facebook, I'd just give in and enter 2008 blogging... we'll see how that goes.
Anywho, I'm challenging you all to the ultimate kohls kousin's challenge (kkc). The kkc has came about because I (as well as my 2 older cousins) will soon turn the big 40 in less than 2 years and I have decided that I want to run a half marathon (a entire one would be the ultimate, but I don't know). I have to take baby steps to get there and want you all to join me in the fun (plus I need the moral support). Some of you have amused me and endured the 2 mile Cowtown Run so you know how fun it is to wog (walk/jog) with me. I'm thinking that if we all start now, we can meet in Manhattan in March to run the 2-mile St. Patty's Day run and drink green beverages.
I don't want to limit the challenge to just the runners in my circle of family or friends so any cardio exercise counts for this challenge. The challenge this week is 4 days (30 mins) of cardio. Let me know if you are up for the challenge (you can just leave me a comment). You don't have to be a cousin to enter the challenge!! Check back every Sunday to get that week's challenge. Good luck!
Here's the workout I used when I first started running. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All right, I'll do it. I'm captain of the BHS Chubby Coaches Choose to Lose team, so I guess this will just add to my reasons to follow through. I'm starting curcuit weight trainng on Wed this week and I have at least 2 nights of reffing each week through the end of Jan. so I might just keep up on it. And yes, reffing 7th grade girls BB is low impact cardio. Honest.
I doubt I will be as faithful as Mom is with her nightly pedalling, but I have to do something.
You win the prize for first to commit. I ran today and will tomorrow!! Good luck!
Post a Comment